Today I woke up and craved chocolate chip muffins so we did a little recipe surfing. And while I was brooding over the guilt it brings along, I stumbled upon this amazing recipe by Chef Addison. What’s extraordinary about her is that she’s a data analyst by day and indulges in curating healthy, easy, affordable and super yummy recipes by night. And like that wasn’t enough, she believes in eating chocolates everyday! I’m always down for a little chocolate therapy too. I absolutely love exploring her blog, Organically Addison.
Let’s learn some more about her journey and why we admire her so much
1. Tell us about your journey as a chef and what inspired you to embark on it.
I have always loved being in the kitchen. I grew up baking with my mom and grandmother and learned many tips and tricks from them. After I started running marathons, I decided to find healthier ways to cook my favourite comfort foods. I found that when I fuelled my body with healthy and delicious foods, I felt better and performed better.
2. Define your cooking style in three words.
Easy. Healthy. Delicious.
3. Who is that one celebrity or person that you’d love to cook and share a meal for and why?
I would love to cook for Gordon Ramsey! I enjoy watching The Food Network and learning a ton from his shows. I know he’d be a very tough critic but I’d love to sit down and talk to him about his passion for cooking.
4. What is your advice for beginners with busy schedules but want to learn how to make healthy meals and change their diet?
Find recipes that are easy and don’t require a lot of steps or ingredients. Look online for specific recipes that you can try and follow the steps. I have found that making recipes in my pressure cooker has saved a bunch of time!
5. What are your three favourite whole foods that you always have in your kitchen?
Avocados. Bananas. Sweet potatoes.
6. Tell us about a serendipitous moment when you discovered an amazing recipe.
A couple of years ago, I was looking to make homemade baked French fries. I ended up seeing a lot of recipes for sweet potato fries. I had only ever had sweet potato fries at restaurants before and had never made them at home. I got hooked on it and now I make them at least twice a week!
7. What tops the list of your favourite/most popular recipes and why?
I’m a burger and fries girl! There’s nothing better than a grilled burger with sweet potato fries. Another favorite of mine is slow-cooked pulled pork. It’s just so tender and flavorful. In terms of desserts, I’m a chocolate lover through and through. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t eat dark chocolate at least 3 times.
8. Any fan reaction that shocked and inspired you to do more of what you are doing? What was it?
I have heard from several people how much their children enjoy my healthy meals. I love hearing this because I was such a picky eater as a child. Creating family-friendly recipes that are easy for parents and enjoyed by kids, is why I love what I do!
Coming back to my sugar craving for the day, here’s the banana chocolate chip muffins recipe that we fell in love with. We bet you’ll love it too.
Contributing Author: Bhavya Jha